In their first-ever Canadian convention appearance together, the original cast members of iconic cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture Show will gather at this year’s Fan Expo Canada, the country’s largest pop culture convention. Fans can meet “Dr. Frank-N-Furter” (Tim Curry), “Eddie” (Meat Loaf), “Brad” (Barry Bostwick),“Magenta” (Patricia Quinn) and “Columbia” (Nell Campbell) at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre over Labour Day weekend August 31-September 3, 2017.
“In the 40 plus years since The Rocky Horror Picture Show was released it has taken on a life of its own and has become an intergenerational cultural phenomenon like no other,” said Andrew Moyes, Vice-President of Fan Expo HQ. “The Rocky Horror cast has been one of the most requested by the fans and we are elated to have the opportunity to bring them to Toronto and to offer programming that, like the film itself, will be a fully immersive experience.”
Over the Fan Expo Canada weekend, the Rocky Horror Events will include:
- Cast Q&A panels
- Photo and autograph opportunities with cast
- Late-night screening of the film with introduction by cast member
- Shadow cast live performance, with ALL audience participation traditions
- Rocky Horror cosplay category in the Cosplay Masquerade
- Themed after-party with some of the cast members
- Rocky Horror Etiquette: How to use your Water Pistol, Toast and Toilet Paper properly
- ‘Time Warp’ dance lessons
- Rocky Horror game show
Other guest announcements for this year’s show Whovian favourites Matt Smith and Karen Gillan (Doctor Who); convention all-star, Nathan Fillion (Castle, Firefly/Serenity); hometown hero Stephen Amell (Arrow) and world-renowned comic book artist, writer, editor and publisher, Jim Lee. Stay tuned because many more guests announcements will come in the next few months.